Saturday, July 28, 2012

Orphanage Activities

Twenty days until I leave for China!  The time is flying by and I can't believe it's coming so soon.
Donations are starting to come in and the team will be having a conference call in about two weeks to solidify what we each will be doing in the orphanages.  I am taking my oral Typhoid medicine (with no side effects) and have all my paperwork ready.  The Lord has graciously provided all my trip costs plus some for extra travel expenses and souvenirs.  So, besides the team lessons to work on and preparations for packing, I am ready!

I have had some inquiries on what we will be doing specifically, and while that is still developing, these are the general needs from the orphanages themselves:
  •  Interact with the orphans, play with them, take them on walks, do crafts or games together, teach them English, provide them with activities and stimulation needed for healthy development.
  • Physical therapy for developmental-challenged children.  Medical missions.
  • Outreach to poor families in the community and an English school.
  • Medical workshops and outreaches, yard work.
  • Training caregivers, holding babies, work projects, and helping around the home.
May I just say, All God's Children Int'l is incredibly thorough and helpful with their trip logistics!  They have done a great job in getting us all prepared and I am really looking forward to meeting my China team.  Blessings!

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27



No comments:

Post a Comment