Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 3 Flies By

Today started off as normal but quickly changed direction as it got going. Instead of going to help out with the preschool children and babies, I was asked to accompany and supervise a precious little girl for checkups at the hospital. I was honored to be asked for flexibility and Chinese language ability, as limited as it may be. Another child was going to get tests and such as well. I had no idea how long it would take but we were gone from 9am - 4:45pm. The afternoon was hardest as I tried to entertain my girl while the boy cont'd with doctor appointments. It was fun but a bit challenging and tiring as well, as my girl with special needs would not slow down even though she was exhausted. I am thankful she had no major falls! 

Tomorrow should be a regular schedule where hopefully I can provide craft activities that I brought, as well as make animal balloons for the children. Tomorrow is actually the last day at this home before heading to help in another for two days. We will still be at the same guesthouse and hopefully be able to say goodbyes before leaving.

Only four more days until departure! Seemed slower in the beginning and now, going way too fast. I'll check back in tomorrow!
Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment