Wednesday, August 15, 2012

TWO DAYS!!!

A reminder: My trip is August 17-26 and will be spent touring in and around Beijing with the goal of visiting orphans and their caretakers in two different orphanages.  I am on a team of nine meeting up from different places; tourist destinations include the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden Palace, and Chinese Acroboat Show.  Thank you so much for prayers! I plan on keeping my blog updated throughout the trip, so keep checking in!

TWO DAYS and I leave for China. This is surreal to me...is it really and finally here??? Packing today and tomorrow, getting the guys ready for my absence (stocked them up on groceries last night), and spending time in the Word and prayer to prepare my heart for what God wants to do in and through me. I so appreciate your prayers and support...there is some element of risk getting on a plane to cross over the deep wide ocean and entering another country. Leaving family is the hardest part. I wholly and absolutely trust my Lord with all that is to come, even with those brief thoughts in the back of my head of "what if?"

I am very excited to meet the team in person, be back in East Asia, and to especially meet and love on the children.  Whatever else God has planned, may I be flexible, teachable, servant-hearted, and bring honor and glory to my King!

Here are some Scriptures on my mind today:

“If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.” Romans 14:8

"And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life"  Matthew 19:29

"Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed."  Psalm 82:2-4

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:20-21

"Mankind, He has told you what is good and what it is the Lord requires of you: to act justly, to love faithfulness, and to walk humbly with your God."  Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment