Monday, September 10, 2012

First Step

We made a big first step today by printing out the application form and submitting a request for more information with an adoption agency that specifically works in China- CCAI, Chinese Children Adoption Int'l.  You can find out more about it at http://ccaifamily.org.  

We also pulled out adoption information we received from a Focus on the Family adoption conference we attended last year or so, of which we found a nice poster with checklists for each stage of the process.  I like checklists!

Isn't walking by faith fun?  It can be a major stressor but it can be a total blast, depending on how you look at it and in whom you place your trust.  As it is, I know too many people who must have everything so controllable and comfortable that they would never step out into the unknown without being able to see.  I have no doubt this new journey of ours is considered crazy in some eyes, but what does Hebrews 11:6 say?  "But without faith no one can please God. We must believe that God is real and that he rewards everyone who searches for him."  So what is faith really?  Hebrews 11:1 tells us that "Faith assures us of things we expect and convinces us of the existence of things we cannot see."  We who follow Christ are told over and over again in Scripture to fix our eyes on what is unseen, not on what is seen...and to be about the will of our Father no matter where He leads and what it costs!

I was singing "Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)" for practice the night before the Sunday morning worship when I would give my China trip presentation.  We never did get to singing the song that morning but God spoke to me clearly as I was singing these words of Chris Tomlin's chorus:

My chains are gone, I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace.


He, in essence, said, "Adopting you and all others who call on My name was at great cost to Me...not a little, but much sacrifice. I bought You not with money but with My Son's blood.  To adopt a little one in My Name will require a purchase as well, and I will provide.  Nothing you give or spend costs too much to bring one of Mine home."  I was deeply moved to say the least and knew then that whatever this adoption process would cost, in time, energy, money, etc., it would be worth it and a testimony to the purchase God ultimately made for us on the cross.

So, friends, God is already providing for this journey in faith, joy, and peace as we trust in Him.  I love the adventure He calls us to when He calls us to Himself.  I have never been disappointed!  Let us not forget the ending to the song I mentioned...a beautiful picture of adoption:

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. (That's the agency we're using, btw - they're wonderful!)

    ReplyDelete