Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Good News!

Between starting a new school year, a new job, adjusting to a new family member, and being sick, life has been pretty crazy and just plain tiring.  But God has a way of getting our attention in such times, of drawing us into to the green pastures and quiet waters of His presence for the refreshing that we need.  When God adds to our life, He is not trying to overload us, He is wanting us to adjust by cutting out the "good" for His "best."  As Lord of my life, He can, at any time, interrupt my plans and activity for any reason...I have learned this well over the years of walking with Him...and right now seems to be a period of adjustment, not only for what is but in preparation for what is to come.

During this period of adjustment and preparation, He is reminding me to "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth” (Psalm 46:10, NIV).  His heart is that I know Him more and more, and that my life lift Him high throughout the earth.  To stay focused is not easy- so many worldly distractions and nasty attacks from our spiritual enemy...and so much to be busy about.  But to be still, there really is no substitute for this in the Christian faith.  "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength..." (Isaiah 30:15, NIV).  I find that I am desiring quietness more than I have in a long time, and we will definitely need trust and strength to walk this journey of adopting a special needs child from China.  So, please pray that my family and I trust wholeheartedly God's leading and will as we move forward into this unknown territory.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6, NIV). 

Finally, we do have good news! Though unable to share publicly any specific information or photos of the child we sense God leading us to adopt, until a match is made, we can share that he is available and that we will be starting the formal adoption process shortly!  I will keep the process updated here and as soon as we are matched, will post photos and information on the child.  You are on this unfolding journey with us and we so appreciate your support.

God bless,
Kerri

1 comment: