Sunday, November 18, 2012

Labors of Love

Things continue to move along here in the adoption process.  I am trying not to be overwhelmed by the mounds of paperwork to gather and fill out, nor by the financial need to complete this process.  Prayer cards and support letters are in the works...if interested in receiving either one, let me know! 

We are excited, I have to say, to be having our first home study visit by our social worker this coming Tuesday morning.  Paperwork is ready for that part; the children will be in school so this initial visit is just with my husband and I.  The home study approval is a really important part of the adoption process and is a requirement for many grant applications.  The Lord keeps reminding us that He cares very much about orphans and will see us through to bringing Henry home.  So good to know!

The online family photo album I put together was mailed this week and we can not wait for Henry to receive it. 

I also have become a part of the CCAI Be the Voice community, meaning I want to do my part in informing others about the option of adoption.  I can not recall the source or numbers, but I have heard that quite a large number of people consider adoption, yet only a few percent actually do it.  The paperwork and cost are a huge reason why, but good education and preparation can be a great encouragement and help with this.  I know for us that it was difficult to even know where to begin.  But God is in the small steps of faith!

Thank you for your continued prayers!  Henry is developing well and getting good medical care; his current diagnosis is MED, a bit of a change from what he was diagnosed as a baby.  He enjoys singing as do I, so perhaps we will make music together one day. Please remember us on Tuesday morning for the home study and the days ahead as we labor to bring Henry home!
Blessings,
Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment